How to Exfoliate your Lips
HOW TO EXFOLIATE YOUR LIPS
- Make sure your lips are clean of make up before you start
- Gently exfoliate lips using a toothbrush or flannel to get rid of dead skin
- Use a humidifier to help keep the air around you moist
- Wear a lip balm with an SPF factor if you’re exfoliating in the morning, or a hydrating moisture lip balm if you’re about to hop into bed.
DIY Sugar Lip Scrubs
Sugar is a great exfoliator, and when used in a sugar scrub, can help remove dead skin cells, clean clogged pores, and make your skin feel amazing. You can use it as a hand scrub, face scrub, lip scrub or foot scrub.2 tablespoons brown sugar.
Sugar is also a natural source of glycolic acid, which helps encourage cell turnover and can help reveal younger-looking skin, and promote firmness of skin
- 1 teaspoon coffee grounds
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (see note about coconut oil on above recipe) or olive oil
- few drops of vanilla
Apply scrub to lips in small, circular motions for 1-2 minutes and rinse off with a warm washcloth.
DIY Coffee Scrubs for Face, Body and Lips
Coffee grounds and raw sugar exfoliate dry and dull skin, and a luxurious combination of oils provide moisture to parched skin. DIY coffee scrub gives skin a natural glow.
How To Make coffee lip scrub
Homemade coffee lip scrub is made with only 4 ingredients – ground coffee, honey, coconut oil and ground cinnamon.
Ground coffee exfoliates dead lip skin, honey and coconut oil moisturize dry lips and cinnamon makes lip skin look plump.
- 1 TBS Ground coffee
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Rub the coffee scrub on lips for about 30 seconds, and then let it sit for another minute before rinsing clean.
HOW MANY TIMES PER WEEK SHOULD YOU USE A SCRUB?
Just 1-2 times per week. It is not good to exfoliate more than that. You don’t want to damage your skin trying to exfoliate too much.