Welcome to our privacy notice! You’re in the right place if you’re looking to find out what The Peach Body does with your personal information when you visit or use our websites or if you want to know about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
The Peach Body respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. That’s why, although we’re based in the United Arab Emirates, we’re using European law as our bench mark when it comes to your privacy – it’s the gold standard.
This privacy notice explains how we collect and process your personal information when you visit our website. It also applies to personal information you may provide through our website when you sign up to our newsletters, or purchase our products.
If you’re under the age of 16, please don’t give us your personal information unless you’ve first asked your parents or legal guardian, and they’ve allowed you to.
Who we are and how to get in touch with us
The Peach Body, a company registered in the United Arab Emirates with company registration no. 1124 and registered address at Atman Enterprise FZE LLC, A-62-01-01-07-Flamingo Villas, Ajman. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or want to exercise your rights, please contact us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, so please check back from time to time to ensure that you stay informed about what we’re doing with your personal information.
Our websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow others to collect or share personal information about you. We don’t control those third-party websites and aren’t responsible for their privacy statements. Please take care when you leave our websites, and we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to contact you.
For example: your name, address, telephone/fax number, email address or any information you submitted to thepeachbody.com that identifies you individually. For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server does not automatically recognize information regarding the domain or e-mail address.
Thepeachbody.com will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it.
You can visit and browse thepeachbody.com without revealing personally identifiable information about yourself. You may also choose to disclose personally identifiable information about yourself, which may be maintained as described below.
Thepeachbody.com may collect personally identifiable information about you from its website by methods such as the following:
Registration Forms/Newsletter - If you are offered the opportunity to enter a promotion or to become a registered user of thepeachbody.com, you may apply by filling out the registration form on the site. This form requires certain personally identifiable information that may include, without limitation, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and/or product usage.
Transactions and Activity - If you become a registered user or if you conduct transactions through thepeachbody.com, the site collects information about the transactions you engage in while on the website and your other activity on the site. This information may include, without limitation, areas of the website that you visit, transaction type, content that you view, download or submit, transaction amount, payment, shipping and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
Email and Other Voluntary Communications - You may also choose to communicate with thepeachbody.com through email, via our website, by telephone, in writing, or through other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may be personally identifiable.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us e-mail at email@example.com.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
We collect the following personal data as The Peach Body customer:
• “Directly Provided Data” – if you create an account with us, you will be asked to provide the following mandatory information: prefix, first name, last name, email address. In your account you can also save your shipping address. When you place an order with us, you will be asked to provide the following information: title, first name, last name, email, telephone, billing address, shipping address, zip/postcode. We do not store any financial information from you as all debit or credit card payments are processed by CCAvenue a third-party secure server which has the highest level PCI DSS compliancy(level 1). You can also pay for your order via PayPal, who also do not share any financial details with us.
• “System Collected Data”When you access our website, we use “cookies” to collect data used to improve and personalise your shopping experience on the website or any other marketing communication you have agreed to receive, as well as analyse our website’s performance. This data includes IP address, operating system, browser type and browsing journey on the website. This is statistical data relating to browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
In some circumstances we’re legally obliged to share personal information with third parties. For example, to comply with a court order.
We might also share your information with another business if we buy/sell any business or assets from/to them, or are otherwise combined with that business (including during any negotiations with them). If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
How long we keep your information
We’ll only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We might keep your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there’s a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Please contact us for details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we’re lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we might need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there’s no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you’ve successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we’re required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we might not always be able to comply with your request for erasure because of specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal information where we’re relying on our own legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there’s something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You’ve also got the right to object where we’re processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios:
◦ If you want us to establish the information’s accuracy.
◦ Where our use of the information is unlawful but you don’t want us to erase it.
◦ Where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
◦ You’ve objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We’ll provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use, or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this won’t affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We’ll advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
• Lodge a complaint with the relevant regulator if you feel that your personal information hasn’t been handled correctly, or you’re not happy with the way we’ve responded to anything you’ve asked us to do with your personal information. If you’re based outside of the United Arab Emirates, you’ve got the right to complain to the relevant data protection authority in your country of residence.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
• Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, including our ‘My Account’ functionality. These cookies do not gather information about you that can be used for marketing purposes.
• Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to understand how our customers are using our site so we can continually improve and optimise your shopping experience.
• Customer preference cookies – these remember your preferences and shopping behaviour so we can make your shopping experience as tailored as possible.
• Targeting or Advertising Cookies – these cookies help us to deliver you promotions and relevant content to you and helps us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
DATA PROTECTION ACT/GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The Peach Body complies with and is registered under the Data Protection Act and adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can request to see the personal data that we hold on you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST/FORGOT ME:
If you would like any of the following, please email email@example.com.
To request more detailed information on what data we hold on you (subject access request)
• To amend your personal data
• To delete your account
• To be forgotten (right to be forgotten)
Please note that we may request information in order to prove that you are the account holder and that once established we will provide the information you have requested or anonymise all data within 30 days of the verified request.
Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with rights regarding how your data or personal information is treated. Under the legislation, California residents can choose to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties. Based on the CCPA definition, “sale” refers to data collection for the purpose of creating advertising and other communications. Learn more about CCPA and your privacy rights.
How to opt out
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org